Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tuesdays with Dorie!

Well, it's official...I am now part of my first blogging event! Tuesdays with Dorie is a group of fellow foodies, started by Laurie, who have made it their goal to make all the recipes from Dorie Greenspan's new book Baking: From my Home to Yours. This book is so great!

Last year I began making some of the recipes out of this cookbook and while some were amazing and some were okay, they all had one thing in common. They were not very difficult and used things you may have on hand. Our favorite so far are her classic biscuits. The way she explains the process of making them is straightforward and fun! When someone explains how to cut butter into biscuit dough by making sure you use your fingers and getting your hands full of dough, then the recipe must be a keeper:)

The group has been baking through the book for a couple of months now and since I have just joined I am debating if I should go back and bake the previous choices...we'll see!

But up this week and due to be posted next Tuesday are snickery squares! A shortbread base, dulce de leche fillings, covered in chocolate and sugered peanuts...YUM!

3 comments:

slush said...

So excited you joined us! xo

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the group! Can't wait to see your creations! :)

amanda. said...

Welcome to the group!

I'm going to have to try the biscuits you mentioned. I just got my book a few weeks ago so I haven't tried too many recipes but I'm going to add that one to my list.