Saturday, January 26, 2008

Plenty of options with cake mix!

Over the weekend, Alex and I were in charge of caring for his two nieces. We had a great time and spent some time in the kitchen creating two great desserts.

The first one is for a cake and I have seen this recipe floating around the boards for some time now and wanted to try it out. A great plus is that it only requires a couple of ingredients.

Diet Soda Cake

1 pkg. cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Cake)
1 can diet soda (I used Dt. Caffeine Free Coke, b/c that is what we have)

Pour cake mix in bowl and add soda. Stir together. Pour into a 9x13 pan and bake according to the box.

One change I made was that I only made half the cake mix. I think it came out to 2 1/4 C mix and half a can of coke in an 8" round or square pan.

For the frosting I combined dream whip topping, sf/ff chocolate pudding, and 1 1/2 C milk, beat with a hand mixer and spread over a cooled cake.

My oh my, this was so simple and so moist and delicious!

What to do with the rest of the cake mix, you might ask...well make cookies of course.


Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies

1/2 box cake mix (chocolate)
1/4 oil
1 egg
1/2 bag chocolate chips (optional)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and bake at 350* for about 15 minutes. Cool on rack, ENJOY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, these look like little pieces of heaven! :)